Samstag, 2. Februar 2019

Ingrids Auswahl - Ingrids Poetry (69)

 

Circles

The circles I once moved in,
are gone, I’m left alone.
The man I used to laugh with
 is in a nursing home.
My dear old friends all paired of,
are kind, still I feel out,
A quiet place to hide away,
now beats the milling crowd.
Let others go out dancing,
let others drift and roam.
I think it best to get some rest
and spent my time at home.

*****

Some People think

Some people think that money
Could change their way of life.
Some folks think that worldly goods
Could banish all trouble all strife.
Yet all the money in the world
Can’t buy you back your health
And treasures such as love or friends
Are not obtained by wealth
And no amount of petty cash
Can pledge a happy life.
And to much of a bank account
Can cause the soul much strife.
But should you care to find
Things that the eye can’t see
Like blessed peace and love,
Look for them on your knees.

*****

Come
Come in to my parlour said the spider with a grin,
Well! the poor fly fell for it and she flew right in
Flew into that web of danger, could not get back out
Friends take care,
Don’t you be falling for the spiders clever calling



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen