Dienstag, 18. Juni 2019

Ingrids Auswahl - Ingrids Poetry (86)

 

The final move

They have emptied the house, have swept every floor,
Then turned the key that locks the door,
Of this my home, for my time has come to move into a nursing home.
It’s time I heard the young folks say! that she is cared for day by day,
Where she is fed, where she is safe, dear Lord I wish it was my grave.
The children all are married now, with families of their own,
Moved far away and walk the streets of many a foreign town.
Goodbye to you old apple tree, your old and worn-out just like me,
We planted you the day we wed; A day this old heard won’t forget.
Together faced the storms of life, shared joy and laughter, pain and strife,
Suitcase all packed, one final walk past the old garden gate,
My treasures in a carboard box, they say we’re running late!
They say it’s all the best for me, they say I’m sure to find
New friends cause all the nurses there are always very kind,
 I’ll have a bed, my favourite chair,
My photographs, my book, the precious things I ones adored
The tide of life soon took, ah yes! dear Lord you blessed my life
In all the years gone by, I’ll stay until you call me home.
My hourglass runs dry.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen