Sonntag, 8. September 2019

Ingrids Auswahl - Ingrids Poetry (102)










                                     Saviour come to search my heart                  

Shape it, make the smallest part.

Thy heaven, thy worlds in eternity,

Hold me, enfold me, let me be,

Saviour a little more like thee.







Behold I prepare a Place for you



Sunrise every morning, Sunset every day,

Time on wings of lightning softly slips away.

Like ripples on the water, or waves upon the sea;

The golden moments of each day - become Eternity.



Never did I stop to think nor even begin to know

The mansions of our Father are built by men below.

Mansions made of many bricks; bricks made up of time;

Fashioned by the hands of men; hands like yours and mine.



I see this house I built on earth; this house so very strange;

This house of black, grey, white and gold, in childlike ways arranged,

With skilful eye you searched to find this house of mine to hold.

This mixed up house I built on earth of black, grey, white and gold.



"I go", HE said, "I go ahead - a place I will prepare;

For I so long for every-one to find contentment there.

Use well your time, your time on earth, be wise my friend and know

The dwelling places found in Heaven are built by men below."



Sunrise every morning, sunset every day,

And time on wings of lightning still softly slips away

"A little longer let me stay, for Lord I long to see

My Home - a mansion of pure white - there in Eternity."



Children of the Promise



We the children of the promise

Or this earth as stranger’s roam.

Children scattered through all nations

Once again are gathered home.

Home where loving arms are waiting

Home where peace will grace each day.

Home where pain and tears and sorrow

Never find a place to stay.

Banished there are death and sin

Banished there all earthly grieve.

For the Father in his mercy

Fills each heart with sweet relief

Happy hours of joy and singing

As we enter through the gate

Come ye children of the promise

Come, oh come don’t hesitate.

Join the ranks, lift loud your voices,

 Thank him, praise him and adore.

                                   He our shield, our guide, our saviour,

                                           He our King for evermore.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen