Montag, 13. Januar 2020

Ingrids Auswahl - Ingrids Poetry (123)



That’s Life


I am weary oh so weary, weary in my head.

I am tired, oh so tired, can’t get out of bed.

They are heavy, oh so heavy, heavy are my bones,

And to move them, just to prove them,

Is like shifting tons.

In the past the long ago now, I could leap, could run.

In the days so far behind me, oh, I had such fun,

Running, jumping, whirling, prancing, dancing cross the floor.

Never taking any time, to think what lay in store.

Oh, how could I ever phantom?

All that time would do, to the folks once young and fit,

Folks like me and you.

Then I took it all for grated, vigour, health and strength,

Oh, the years sure left their tokens,

Clipped me of my wings, now as I awake each morning,

It’s the same old rhyme,

How I wish I could remember just the date or time.

Now as I awake each morning

Weary in my head,

I have myself a cup of tea and then go back to bed.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen