Freitag, 8. November 2019

Ingrids Auswahl -Ingrids Poetry (112)



There are times



There are times I think of you, recall the words you said.

All the things you told me then still roam around my head.

There are times I wish I could, just let go, just run,

To the seaside--a new life filled with a little fun.

There are times I wish I could be cheerful, feeling free.

Then again all of these dreams they are not really me

There is real life, there is duty, re-spon-ci-bi-li-ty

There are parents, children, friends, tie’s the eye can’t see

All your words soon fade away into the duties of each day.

Leaving time alone to know where one’s weary footsteps go.

Still there are times I think of you and all the words you said

Go a dancing round and round inside my weary head.



My Room



My room is like a sanctuary,

It holds no other soul but me

This hexagon that keeps me in

From mortal harm, from fear and sin.

This space that holds me like a crave,

Where I'm a quin, where I'm a slave,

Each night as I lay down to sleep

I pray the lord my soul to keep.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen