Montag, 12. August 2019

Ingrids Auswahl - Ingrids Poetry (99)





Poet of the year 2000


Poet of the year two thousand

What profound words would it take?

To delight the thronging masses?

What the judge’s price to take?

Would I speak of love and honour?

Could I write the magic word?

Share with all that hidden treasure

That would leave no heart unstirred.

Could I turn this world a little?

Hold it close and very still

Long enough to feel loves breath

Long enough to sense Gods will?

Know his will and live his law.

Oh! ye poets of two thousand

None there be to ask for more

Sovereign of the year two thousand

 Let thy mercies never cease

Grand us faith and love and courage

Bless us with thy heavenly peace.





As long


As long as I have Jesus in my heart

Angels by my side, the spirt as my guide

The world is mine, the sun will shine.

As long as I have ears that hear

Eyes that can see, a country that is free

The world is mine, the sun will shine.

As long as I have food to eat

A heart free from all spite and greed,

As long as I have health to move,

 Friend I will need no further prove

That I’m blessed each day indeed

By one who knows my ev’ry need.



                                                     Most Folks


Most busy Folks will never sense

 That just beyond their garden fence

The agony and deep despair

 Homeless Souls are called to bear

They live without a cosy spot,

Most never knowing Christ the Lord.



To be Human


Ah, to be Human with all its fears

Its pains and sorrows, flow of tears

Struggling through hours of cribling doubt

Left to ourselves to work it all out.

Ah, to be human to hear, feel and see

How earnest our struggle and search must be?

The battle to win that will render us free

To search for the truth, perceive to now

 On earth through trials all man must go

To discern this life on earth is a test

After much tribulation men shall be blessed


The Gods had declared it with firm decree
We are free to choose

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen