Samstag, 7. Oktober 2017

Ingrids Auswahl - Ingrids Poetry (3)


       
Behold I prepare a Place for you
                                 (A dream)

Sunrise ev'ry morning, sunset ev'ry day,
And time on wings of lightning softly slips away
Like ripples on the water, or waves upon the sea;
The golden moments of each day - become eternity.
 And never did I stop to think, nor even begin to know;
The mansions of our Father are built by men below.
Mansions made of many bricks, bricks made up of time;
Fashioned by the hands of men; hands like yours and mine.
I saw this house I built on earth, this house so very strange;
This house of black, grey, white and gold
In childlike ways arranged
With skillful eyes He searched to find
A space this house to hold.
This mixed up house I built on earth
Of black, grey, white and gold.
"I go", He said, "I go ahead – a place I will prepare;
For I so long for everyone to find contentment there.
Use well your time, your time on earth –
Be wise my friend and know;
The mansions you will find in heaven
Are built by men below."
Sunrise ev'ry morning, sunset ev'ry day,
And time on wings of lightning still softly slips away.
"A little longer let me stay, for Lord I long to see
My home: a mansion of pure white there in eternity.

            

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen