Samstag, 27. Juni 2020

Ingrids Auswahl - Ingrids Poetry (171)



                                                                 Crosses



Whilst traveling down the Road called life, heart filled with sorrow and despair
I murmured Lord; this cross you gave is all too much for me too bear.

Upon a Door words crystal clear: Exchange of crosses is right here.
It was a most delightful sight I thought, I’m bound to find
A cross that’s easier to bear, one that would be just right
On entering the heavy door an angel fair stood by my side
Assuring me that for the day would be my own, my special guide.

A cross made of the purest gold, stood on a nearby solid wall
I turned to tell my silent guide; this surely is the best of all.
I strained to lift the heavy load, still all my trying proved in vain
It never moved, and I in shame knew t’ was not for me to gain.
Softly a voice said, child please see this one was not designed for thee.

Searching I spied a cross of wood, polished oak, all shining new
I asked if I could try it out, the angel said; feel free, please do.
I strained to lift the heavy load; my trying proved in vain
It never moved, and I in shame knew t’ was not for me to gain
Softly a voice said, child please see, this one was not designed for thee.

Whilst entering a special room, with crosses wound of roses fair
I thought this surely is the place, where I will find a load to bear,
Placing it upon my shoulder, moments of joy within, but oh,
Before I reached the door, gruel thorns had pierced my skin.
Again, a voice said child please see, once long ago the son of god
Said: Father safe that gruel cross, the cross of pain for me.

My search dismissed, all teary eyed, the angel said: see there,
This one will fit, it is just right, made just for you to bear.
 I cried: It feels familiar just like an old, old friend
It is the one you laid aside, replied my own, my special guide.
Many a lesson must be learned. to be a well-earned treasure
The cross each child of God will bear, is made by father with great care
And love by wisdoms measure.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen