Mittwoch, 12. August 2020

Ingrids Auswahl -Ingrids Poetry (182)



                                                               A morning Prayer

Father in heaven I thank thee for the safety of the night
For this new Day just begun, the suns returning light.
Place in my heart a song to follow me the whole day long
I thank thee for my Family, for Home and Friends so dear
A Country free from war's alarm, a life devoid of fear.
For Natures bounteous blessings so beautiful and rare
For all lives simple treasures that I may freely share.
Help me to shun all selfishness, all vanity, and pride
Within the mantle of thy love and mercy let me hide.
To the needs of others may my eyes never be blind
Freely share all thou hast given, joy in service find.
Knowing that each human Soul,
Needs acts of love, to make them whole.
Should this day bring trials, be wearisome and long
Help this childlike heart of mine be steadfast, firm and strong.
Believing that in time, somewhere your love heals every wrong.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen