Sonntag, 30. August 2020

Ingrids Auswahl - Ingrids Poetry (186)



                                                        Choices have consequences


Easy living, spending, taking
Thoughtless through each new born day
I will take all that I long for
Let tomorrow come what may
Fill my glass right to the brim,
Drink before I’m old and grey
My memory grows dim.

Wish I knew just what went wrong?
Gone has all the fun, the song
All the things of yesterday
Disappeared, have flown away.
Now, how shall I carry on
All I loved is lost, is gone.
And I am left all on my own.

Free I was to live and choose
The things I ought to do
Quick to forget essentials
That would help to see me through
But I have learned and know
Choices have consequences
I will do better next time round
To build up strong defences.
                           

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen