Dienstag, 26. Januar 2021

Ingrids Auswahl - Ingrids Poetry (201)

 


 My Country A Song written by Ingrid

 I have seen the far horizon of sunlit desert plains;
 Beheld the rugged bushland engulfed in drenching rains
, I have watched the sunsets glory sink into jewelled sea
; Forever more I know, I know where my heart longs to be

 - Chorus: Australia my Country, Australia wondrous land, May God forever keep thee - within His mighty hand.

. I have walked the shady gully down by the ferny creek;
 Climbed treacherous mountain ranges and gazed from lofty peak. 
 I have watched the black swan’s journey on steady beating wing.
 Forever more I know, I know the song I love to sing.
 Chorus
 I have strolled the golden grass land on tracks worn by the sheep;
 Seen magic moonlit paddocks where cattle lay asleep,
 Stood on sandy windswept beaches relieved from daily care.
 Forever more I know, I know the song I long to share. 
Chorus.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen