Dienstag, 22. Juni 2021

Part 1 Historic events by Gerd Skibbe

On request this personal event has been translated by Ingrid:

"On a sunny day, a few months after the “Open House” period, I saw a well-dressed, thoughtful man on the Freiberg Temple Square. He was sitting on one of the scattered benches in the green. I went up to him, greeted him.
He might have been around fifty.
He looked at me strangely.
I sensed the rejection, but had the feeling that I should speak to him if he had a question.
Cool and resolute he replied: "No!"
He looked at me again: "Everything I had to ask about your subject has already been answered."
I knew something was wrong.
What should I do?
He wished not to be bothered. It just bothered me that there was a person who would go away unsatisfied and with the prejudices I suspected.
But I had no means.
Less than half an hour later when I came back the man was still sitting there.
I took all courage, apologized and asked him not to be offended for speaking to him again.
"I told you that I was well informed."
I knew that he couldn't have been drinking from the spring. I turned away and walked away.
After a few minutes, I made a third attempt and asked him to allow me to read him three sentences from the books of revelation of the Prophet Joseph Smith.
A little tormented, he replied: "But only three sentences, please."
I opened the Doctrine and Covenants to section 88 Verse 67 - 68:
And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehended all things. Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will.”
Again please!"
Obviously puzzled, he looked far past me.
I read it again.
Now really interested, he asked: "The other verse, please."
“And also trust no one to be your teacher nor your minister, except he be a man of God, walking in his ways and keeping his commandments.”
"What book have you read from now?"
"From the Book of Mormon, Mosiah, 23:14."
He got up and looked me in the face for a while.
He researched me openly, but I was not uncomfortable. He was probably wondering who I was.
I noticed that his gaze returned to my black leather cover as I quoted
“…the rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven, and that the powers of heaven cannot be controlled nor handled only upon the principles of righteousness.
That they may be conferred upon us, it is true; but when we undertake to cover our sins, or to gratify our pride, our vain ambition, or to exercise control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness, behold, the heavens withdraw themselves; the Spirit of the Lord is grieved; and when it is withdrawn, Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man.”
He jerked my combination away from me and read it for himself.
His head came up again.
He thought for a while. Taking a deep breath, the surprised concluded with the remark: "I will turn away from my source of information!" It sounded like tearing up sturdy paper.
“Do that, sir. I thank you for listening to me. "
"Thank you!"



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen